Would you like to watch BBC on Apple TV abroad? Located outside England and want to watch live streams or on demand program on BBC on your Apple TV?
If you try to watch the BBC app on your Apple TV you will have access to quite a lot of material even though you are located outside England, but if you want to watch the live streams or most other material you will not have access to it, simply because you are located outside England. It doesn’t matter if you have an English Apple ID, if you already have the BBC app installed… you need to be in England for the BBC app to work. Or, maybe there is a way around?
Watch BBC on Apple TV abroad
It is very easy to watch BBC on Apple TV even if you are outside England and I am serious to tell you that you can watch BBC again on your Apple TV in less than 3 minutes. This is what you will need to do!
- First, you need to visit the Unlocator website and sign up for their services which is free for the first seven days.
- Activate your free trial.
- Start your Apple TV and enter Settings – General – Network
- Setup your DNS configuration manually.
- Add the following DNS server: 126.96.36.199.
- Go back to settings and put your Apple TV to sleep.
- Plug out the power cable and plug it back in.
You can now watch BBC on Apple TV abroad. You can also use this same to watch other TV channels and their live streams online and it can also be used to watch NBC in the USA on Apple TV and so much more. A more detailed instruction on how to setup SmartDNS on Apple TV can be found in the linked article.
More information in general about watching BBC from abroad can be found at bbc.fromabroad.org.
If you have questions or comments, just use the comment field beneath!